- "Stourhead will never forget" sculpture trail 2015 to 2017 commemorating World War I
- Sculpture for Bournemouth Council Recycling Department 2015
- Bird Henge Wiltshire 2014
- Sustrans Project Torbay 2013
- Scraptorzoic Age at Magdalen eco farm Dorset 2013
- "Beyond the Garden Gate" sculpture trail for the National Trust at Stourhead 2011
- Scraptors' Sculpturemad garden
Monday, 29 August 2011
Owl Tree at Stourhead
Back at Stourhead installing stuff for the Beyond the Garden Gate sculpture trail to be in place throughout September. Paul painted an owl on the Owl Tree which has owl sculptures on it. The two little owls in the holes above Paul's painting are by Anthony made with recycled glass.. The flying owl in the lower image is a sculpture made from a recycled car fender by Anthony. In the distance it looks like a real bird to the confusion of twitchers.
One of the themes of the trail is the legends of Ancient Greece and Rome which inspired the Hoares, creators of the iconic landscape garden. The owl was revered as a symbol of wisdom in Ancient Greece.